BSNL Data Card
BSNL data card
Data card is a portable device used for the transfer of files among computers and for short term data backup include components such as Memory sticks and flash memory. It is used with notebook computers to provide mobile wireless Internet access.
The BSNL data card is a wonderful tool that helps you to stay connected to the internet while on the move as well as from the comfort of you home or office. BSNL launched data cards with EVDO data card technology with speed 2 Mbps.
Specification & Features:
• Air interface: CDMA2000 1X RTT – Protocol, compatible with IS-95 A/B
• Retractable antenna
• interface: (PCMCIA) type
• Approximately weight 38g
• Data card consumes a total power of 3W and requires a .3V/1000mA power supply from PCMCIA slot.
• Provide accumulative total flow with a statistic reset.
• BSNL data card provides data rate of up to 153.6kbps.
• Provide voice usage and SMS services.
• Support Incoming Calling Display, ring prompt, call receiving while data service online. Must activate Call waiting service for this function.
• Support Windows2000 and Windows XP operating system
• Supports ROMSIM/R-UIM card
• It has a phone book with a really large capacity.
• Uses 824MHz~849MHz uplink & 869MHz~894MHz Downlink frequency
• BSNL data card speed is high
• Unlimited Internet anytime & anywhere has all India coverage.
• Unlimited bandwidth
Two types of Data Cards available for BSNL customers
Network Interface Card (NIC) : For internet speed up to 144 Kbps.
EVDO Card : Internet speed up to 2.4 Mbps. EVDO is a telecommunications standard for the wireless transmission of data through radiosignals normally for broadband Internet access. EVDO uses multiplexing techniques includes CDMA (Code division multiple access) and TDMA (Time division multiple access). It is under 3rd Generation partnership project 2 and part of CDMA 2000 standard. EVDO used on the Globalstar satellite phone network.
BSNL Data Card Vs Airtel , Reliance ,tata indicom and Hutch data transfer
• Airtel data card for approx 5000/- gives unlimited data transfer at 999/- per month
• Reliance netconnect usb modem, data card for 4100/- or 4200/- gives unlimited data transfer at 1500/- per month
• Hutch for approx. 5000/- gives data transfer
• Tata indicom for 4100/- or is it 2850/- data transfer 1.5gb for approx 900/- month
• BSNL on GPRS gives a better speed for Rs 110 per month with unlimited time. It is a better one from others and have high speed
BSNL Data card Tariff:
BSNL offers PCMCIA type of NIC at Rs. 1,680 and EVDO cards at Rs. 2,100 till September 30, 2009. The 2 new plans are NIC will offers at a monthly charge of Rs. 250 with 144 Kbps and EVDO offers Rs. 650 per month at a speed of upto 2.4 Mbps. The EVDO card will cost INR 6k with an activation fee of INR 250. BSNL also has plans to bundle EDGE/GPRS PC Data Card with its cellular mobile connections. BSNL offers roaming facility on these cards at no extra cost.